Here are some updates from spring!
Basketball season!
Technically, basketball was going on in January and February too, but I feel like Avery didn't really start wanting to go watch basketball with me until closer to the end of the season! One night, the kids at the junior high even wanted to make an ESPN banner, so that's what that picture is of. (I provided the markers and the paper...) Avery is starting to make friends with some more people this year, which is good. One of her friends from our ward, Paxton, is on the basketball team, so I would often sit by his mom, Ashley at the games. I always like going and cheering on my students, but it was even more fun to have Avery there too!
Koda kept getting bigger all year and I want to say he was pushing 70 pounds by March! His birthday is April 20, so he was almost one year old.
Avery's Orchestra concert
Avery was playing the viola all school year and had a spring concert in March. She decided later on that she would not continue playing the viola in ninth grade, so this was her second to last concert probably forever! :( But I'm glad she at least tried it for a couple years!
Gabe Still in Granada and His 20th birthday!!
I can't believe Gabe is 20. No longer a teenager. :( He spent his birthday with Elder Cabrera in Granada and some Venezeulan members. They made him dinner and a cake! There was a video he shared of Elder Cabrera walking into the room holding a cake with candles on it and everyone was singing "Feliz Cumpleanos" to him. It was super cute! I didn't have us or his friends do any special video like I did last year, but we sent him some things on Amazon Spain and we put some money in his account for him to go out to dinner with Elder Cabrera! I am excited that his next birthday will be spent with US! I also included on picture of their visit from Abbie Jensen, who was a sister missionary in their zone, but she went home in March and then came back to visit with her parents and they took Cabrera and Gabe out to lunch. She might end up marrying Cabrera, but time will tell!







0 comments:
Post a Comment