I knew at the beginning of summer that July 15 - July 19 was going to be the busiest 4 four days of whole year, and I was right! Gabe flew into the Idaho Falls airport on July 15th at 10:30 pm. Then, on July 16-17th we were putting together the details of a "surprise" birthday party for Avery. I knew it was probably not going to stay a surprise, and that was fine, but Avery basically ended up knowing right away. Her friend, Kynlee, helped me do the inviting and we put together some outdoor games (giant tricycle racing, water balloon toss, etc.) and had cake snacks and invited about 20 teenagers over to Summerfield.
Also, during the afternoon of her birthday (while Gabe and I were grocery shopping for his homecoming party and getting party stuff ready) Josh took Avery, Caleb, and Briella horseback riding in Island Park. I think Avery had one of the best birthdays ever. I was kind of worried she would feel forgotten with Gabe getting home and some of the other stress happening in our lives, so I think I overcompensated and went even MORE overboard that I usually would have.
She got an electric scooter to ride around the neighborhood on (which she's already put probably 100 miles on), some clothes, accessories, and more! I overheard her telling someone it was the best birthday she's ever had, so that made all the stress worth it! ;)








0 comments:
Post a Comment