Caleb's Seminary Graduation
Josh was gone again (like he was for Gabe's), so me, Claire, Josh's parents, and Avery went and watched Caleb graduate from seminary. He was one of 4 kids in our ward (Benson, Douglas Flamm, and Casie Cluff were the other 3) who graduated seminary. It was a nice night and I was so glad that he got everything done and was able to graduate! He had missed some days, so he needed to do some missing work, but he got it!
Caleb's Mission Call
Josh was still gone to Texas, so he wasn't there. But Caleb got his mission call on Monday, May 18th! He had put in his papers on Sunday, May 3, so he waited about 15 days for his call! When he got the text, it was about 5:00pm and we had just gotten done filming this cute graduation Instagram reel with Camri Call and Mrs. McCoy at Burton Elementary. I had just gotten home and Caleb had somewhere with Benson, and then he texted me and told me he got the call! At first we were going to have everyone gather at the clubhouse at 7:00, but then he called some friends and decided to wait until 8:30. I ran to Walmart with Avery and got a cake for Caleb that said "Called to Serve" on it, and then we quick hurried back home and got over to the clubhouse with the giant map and some pens and pins for people to place their guesses! It was kind of crazy because we had just been talking to people like Camri and Amy McCoy about how Caleb had put on his papers that he wanted to go to a "cold, Northern country" and Camri guessed Canada on the map! I was thinking maybe Alaska or Canada, but my mom had opened it first (Caleb had called her like Gabe did and had her look first) and she had told him "foreign" so I was like, "Hmmm... " So I honestly wasn't too surprised when he opened it and said, "Winnipeg, Canada." He starts Home MTC on October 14, which will be perfect. I'm really excited for him and he seemed happy about it too!
Caleb's Tennis Senior Night
On May 7, Caleb had his senior night for tennis. I kind of got roped into helping with it, but it turned out fine. We did little gift bags for each senior with some snacks, some tape, and some tennis balls in them. Coach Marcel ordered pizzas and then we brought some salads and desserts. Caleb didn't really care too much about it, but I thought it was nice to honor his years playing tennis in high school. He was never super competitive about it, but I think he had a lot of fun, especially because all his friends (Benson, Cole, etc) were on the team too!
Caleb's High School Graduation Day
Caleb had his high school graduation on Thursday, May 21, 2026. Josh got home about two hours before Caleb's graduation. We went to the BYUI center for it (like we had with Gabe's) and we met Brad and Diane there. The whole ceremony last from about 6:00-7:30, but by the time we found Caleb in the gym afterward and took some pictures, it was already 9:00. Caleb's darn hat wouldn't stay on, so in his pictures, he's never wearing his hat! It was a good ceremony though and all went smoothly. Then we tried to find a place to eat afterwards, but hardly anyplace was still open and Applebee's was packed, so we just ended up going to get Doorza pizzas and coming back home. Caleb took a quick hour nap, and then he went to the grad night at Fat Cats with some of his friends like Lexi and Benson and others.
I am also going to include a few of his professional pics we had taken a few days before graduation by Brianne Serrano. It wss a super windy night, but somehow, she got some good shots!
















0 comments:
Post a Comment